- Vicki: Damon was the one that turned Vicki, which led to her eventual death.
- Jenna: Damon killed the vampire Klaus was planning on using in the sacrifice, which led to him using Jenna as an alternative.
- Alaric: Damon killed Alaric multiple times while he was wearing the Gilbert ring, which was the reason he went crazy.
- Bonnie’s grandmother: Damon was the one who wanted the tomb open in the first place, despite being warned about it.
- "She taught me how to kill": Katherine never saw Damon after he first became a vampire. Sage was the one that taught him how to kill.
#this whole episode was an apology for damon being a dick #it made excuses for him #it set a bad example for women everywhere #it says that you should fall for the abusive asshole who rapes your friends #there’s a darkness in him that controls his actions #having bad shit happen to you does not make you less responsible for being a shitty person #it does not take away your agency #everything horrible that was ever done #is damon’s fault #i’m seriously considering quitting this show #because no one acknowledges this on it #not the writers #and hence not the characters #and we are in the endless cycle of promoting bad behaviour #and romanticising abuse #and that isn’t okay #it will never be okay #it is disgusting (via concertinacheatingheartbeat)
#ugh #this is still so ridiculous to me #like i can see some douchebag like matt blaming a woman for something that damon did #what really really annoys me is damon being all like ‘boohoo katherine made me the evil thing i am today’ #and the narrative feeling like it validates this statement? #and am i totally misremembering damon being all like ‘i own my shit’ in s1? this fucking pathetic loser #basically this boils down to damon being an annoying pathetic weak little floppelganger #he’s such a total flop (via sheepboxes)
One of the things I love best about this scene is that Caroline absolutely has every reason to hate Katherine and participate in bashing her but she is evolved and mature enough to see beyond the act (Katherine murdering her) and appreciate the outcome. This is so Caroline - to always find a silver lining and to forgive those who have committed crimes against her.
Frary + T o u c h i n g
Intoxicate me now
With your lovin’ now
I think I’m ready now
Happy Birthday Tessa
good thing harry potter didnt choose slytherin
Since Mary, Queen of Scotland, was a child the English have wanted her country and her crown. She is sent to France to wed its next king, to save herself and her people - a bond that should protect her, but there are forces that conspire, forces of darkness, forces of the heart. Long may she reign.